Push Notifications & Why It Is Important For Small and Medium Business
What are Push Notifications?
A Push notification is a message that pops up on a mobile device. It is a way for an app to send information to your phone (via a badge, alert, or pop-up message). App publishers can send them at any time. Users don’t have to be in the app or using their devices to receive them. Push notifications and text messages are so similar that it can be enticing to bump them together and treat them the same way. They both arrive on a user’s mobile device, they both have to fit within tight character limits, but they both have average open rates that are over 90%.
Benefits Of Push Notifications For Small And Medium Business:
- Cost is one consideration: The cost to sending a massive amount of texts is relevant for many businesses, especially small ones. Push notifications in contrast are unlimited and totally free.
- Direct Marketing Channel: Direct marketing channel is an amazing communication channel. Like email and SMS marketing techniques, push notifications have emerged as a capable medium of the direct marketing landscape. Mobile marketers now have a new and exciting way to deliver promotional messages, special deals, discounts and coupons and much more to generate leads and improve sales. This further brings on-board a number of push notification benefits, like:
- Fast Delivery.
- Fast Response.
- Location-based Targeting.
- In-Store Targeting.
- Opt-in / opt-out option: Opt-in/opt-out option also favors push notifications because users have total control over which apps send them notifications, and may even specify which types of notifications they want from each app. On the other hand, text messages often come unsolicited. In fact, due to the sale of phone number lists between companies, some users may receive spam messages from time to time and view SMS as a lower-quality messaging channel.
- Build Branding: Better branding can be done by creating personalized experiences for users. You can include logos, sounds, images or anything else in push messages that help your brand to get instantly recognized. You may further improve it by maintaining consistency in terms of messaging frequency and content quality.
- User Retention: A mobile app has a high probability of getting lost in the ocean of applications installed on a device. By regularly sending notifications via push-enabled mobile apps, you can actually encourage app users to ‘come back’ to the app and use it more often which helps incredibly in user retention. It would happen provided the notifications have great value in terms of information, updates or offers. If that happens, you may retain users for a long term and there are fewer chances of them deleting the app.
- User Engagement: Mobile users, who are increasing exponentially every year, want to be engaged all the time. Considering that there might be hundreds of other apps ready to beat your app in this regard, it’s essential for you to follow an aggressive approach of keeping the users glued to your app. Apart from having a fabulous app design and functionality, having push technology at the place should open some exciting ways to engage them. We enable you to send custom messages to your customers that entice them to come back into your business.
- Non-Invasive Pushing: The beauty of push notifications is that these are non-obtrusive which allows the app users to have the full control. There are two aspects to it:
- Firstly, the marketing purpose marketers or application owners don’t need to collect personal information of recipients (which is required for communication via SMS or email).
- Users may choose whether they wish to activate push notifications or not.
Needless to say, it helps communicate in a wonderfully cordial manner
- Improve Through Insights: You must know the app users who have the possibility to convert into your customers. With push notifications, you get access to the valuable insights into their behavior. When do they use the app? What type of messages do they respond to better and more quickly? What devices and platforms are more popular with mobile users? What actions result from push notifications? By finding answers to each of these questions, you can improve the overall relationship with your audiences
Viandd provides mobile apps and the ability to customize push notifications for your customers at an simple level helping to increase customer loyalty and engagement.